“I might not be Fred Flintstone, but I can still make your bed rock!”
Come on. You can do better than that. When putting together your dating profile, avoid pick up lines like the above. I have seen dating profiles with these kinds of subject lines. You have to be a lot more romantic than the above line. The above subject line is too raw. You have to bring it down a notch.
Here are some tips to help you when putting together your dating profile.
1. Do not use negativity in your profile. This is a big turn off. “You don’t need to have car keys to drive me crazy.” Or, “I may not look like much, but I am drinking milk.” “If you want me, come and get me.” Ridiculous lines in a dating profile do not work. You have to be positive in your profile because you want to make a great first lasting impression. You do not want to come across as a jerk. If you use the above lines, you will come across as a jerk.
2. Build curiosity in your profile. A terrific subject line could be, “Have you ever been to Fogo De Chao?” This is curiosity. You want that man or women to click on to read more. A dater would be curious to know what is Fogo De Chao? (Between you and I, this is a fabulous Brazilian steak house.) You can go on from there and add more. Here’s another. “Have you ever been to Utopia? Let’s experience our two minds together as one.”
3. People like to hear a short story about you in your profile. Give one just a little taste of who you are. “I am a fire fighter and I am also working on pursuing my passion to open a sports bar while still working as a fire fighter.” Daters want to read details about you. Give it to them. This will let a dater know that you are going places and you have goals.
4. Always be honest in your dating profile and display real photos of you. If you lost some weight or even gained some, have an up to date photo showing how you look today.
5. Never say your name is Wayne. Do not use your real name. Come up with a screen name that stands out and shows a little bit of your character. Also make sure you capitalize each letter in your screen name and never put numbers behind your name.”IAmForReal”,“GorgeousBrownEyes”, etc.You should get the point.
6. People like to be with winners. Bring out the self confidence in you. Walk the walk. If you are self confident in who you are, then you should not have a problem here at all.
7. Make sure you put in your profile what you can offer and the kind of person you are looking for. These tips should help in getting many responses to your dating profile. Get noticed….